It’s a new season, which means it is time to freshen up your home. Here are some tips from SimplyHome2 on how to make sure your home or apartment is ready for fall:
- Gallery Wall: Hang framed photographs in an arranged pattern in your living room, hallway, etc. This will give the room a personal touch and have the sweet sentiment of displaying fond moments with family and friends.
- Bar Carts: Not only can bar carts serve a useful purpose, but they can be a main décor element in a living or family room. Make sure it is well stocked and you have the necessary equipment, including wine decanters and cocktail napkins that match the rest of the décor.
- Décor for Kids: It’s important to remember to have elements in your décor for the children. For instance, in the game room try painting an accent wall with chalkboard paint. They’ll love sketching their own artwork on the walls!
- College Memorabilia: Remember that your new house is not a frat house. Your giant beer glasses should go behind cabinet doors, and anything else that reflects the old days can also be stored away.
- Bare Necessities: Minimalism can be “chic,” but in terms of décor it can also look harsh and unfriendly. Instead of having bare, white walls make sure you spice it up with color. This can easily be done with a colorful bookshelf, an area rug or even throw pillows.
- Go Overboard: Seasonal changes to your home should be minor. Add a cozy blanket or two to the couch near the window. If your kids love Halloween, leave that for a week or two before. No need to put the pumpkins out just yet!
DO: Gold bar cart (c/o WestElm.com)
DO: Our chalkboard wall!